Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Welcome

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Michael V O'Regan


Michael and Joan O'Regan

Artist Michael V. O Reagan has opened a new gallery, The Snuggie Gallery, on Rock Street. The charismatic Kerryman is well known around the town of Tralee and beyond and his personality finds its way into both his paintings and the fantastically welcoming gallery which is located near Garvey's on Rock Street.

Michael is self taught and has been painting part time for many years. Demand for his work is such that he has recently begun working as a full time artist and, thanks to the steady sales and commissions; Michael has now taken the leap into opening his own Gallery.

The diversity and vibrancy in the natural beauty of the Kerry woodlands are a constant source of inspiration. Michael's preferred medium for his painting is oils yet he also works in pen and pencil. His detailed sketches of old farm buildings and their environs record a traditional way of life which will soon be just a memory.

Michael recently had an exhibition in the Samhlaiocht Gallery on Lower Castle Street and its success prompted him to open his own Gallery. "I called the exhibition 'About Time' because many of the paintings and sketches I do evoke a way of life for which I feel a great empathy and which I want to record in my work," said Michael. "The title also reflected the fact that I've now decided to apply myself full time to my art. And it was about time!" added Michael with a mischievous smile."

"I had a fantastic time in Samhlaiocht, I just sat and sketched and chatted to the people that came into see my work," explains Michael. "I love sketching and painting and can do it from the time I get out of bed in the morning to the time I go back at night."

His love of painting shines through in his work yet he's not the only artist on display in the Snuggie Gallery, his partner, Joan, is also quite the artist and some of her work is displayed alongside Michael's.

The Snuggie Gallery is located at 113 Rock Street. For more information please call Michael on 087 414 4306 or log onto www.thesnuggiegallery.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home

BROWSER STANDARDS ALERT:
Because you are using an outdated browser, you may only view the basic content of this site. In order to view, use, and enjoy this site to the fullest, we strongly recommend upgrading your browser to one that supports web standards such as Mozilla, Netscape 7, Explorer 6 or Safari. Thank you.